NEW YORK: 22nd March 2022:
The Consulate General of Jamaica, New York, and the Jamaica Stock Exchange (JSE) are pleased to announce the Second staging of the “Investing in Jamaica” Virtual Forum, which will be held on March 23rd and 24th 2022, starting at 5:00 p.m. EST (4:00 p.m. Jamaican Time).
According to Jamaica’s Consul General at New York, Mrs. Alsion Wilson, OD, “This informative forum aims to raise awareness about the numerous rewarding Investment Opportunities that exists in Jamaica and the United States. It will sensitize potential investors within the Diaspora and friends of Jamaica, to the investment climate in both countries; explore and promote opportunities on the equity and bond market for potential investors within the Diaspora and friends of Jamaica; and lay the foundation for increased flow of investments into Jamaica, with an emphasis on growing the number of Diasporans and friends of Jamaica, investing in Jamaica.”
CG Wilson noted, “Leading Financial experts from the financial sectors in both countries will share key information for anyone who is interested in investing, and useful tips on how to navigate the changing economic climate.”
The Consul General shared that, “Following the success of the first staging held in 2021, the forum is becoming a highly anticipated annual event for the Consulate General of Jamaica, New York & the Jamaica Stock Exchange.”
It is for this reason that the Consul General, through her extraordinary network of investment bankers and financial experts, ensured the assembly of an outstanding list of presenters from top Financial Institutions in the United States and Jamaica.
Some of the many useful topics to be discussed at the virtual Forum will be Navigating Jamaica’s Stock Market to Create Wealth; Long-term Loan Programs for Jamaican Business Investments; Trends in the Capital Market, Funding Opportunities for Minority Owned Businesses, Debt Management; and the Jamaica changing financial space, Towards a Cashless Jamaica.
Among the Distinguished Presenters is Senator the Honorable Aubyn Hill, Minister of Industry, Investment and Commerce, Jamaica.
Other presenters include:
- Dr. Michael Papaioannou, Expert Advisor, International Monetary Fund
- Mr. Ferris Jackson, Senior Portfolio Manager, Global Equities, Barita Investments Ltd.
- Mr. Dylan Coke, Deputy General Manager, Investment Banking & Sales, JN Fund Managers Ltd.
- Ms. Tameika Ricketts, Assistant Manager, Registrar Services, JSE
- Mr. Greg Fisher, Managing Director, Jefferies Group LLC
- Mr. Brett Silvers, President and CEO, World Business Capital Inc.
- Ms. Diane Edwards, President, JAMPRO
- Mr. Vernon James, CEO Lynk, NCB Financial Group
- Ms. Nora Blake, Manager, Jamaica Social Stock Exchange
- Mrs. Denise Marshall, VM Wealth Management Limited
- Mr. David Stinfil, Managing Director, Siebert Williams Shank & Co., LLC
- Mr. Rafael Molina, Managing Partner, Newstate Partners LLP
Registration for this event is free for all and closes on March 23rd at 12:00 p.m.
Follow the Consulate General on social media and Register Now, by visiting: linktr.ee/CGNYJM
We are looking forward to the participation of Jamaicans at home and abroad, as well as our Friends of Jamaica, in this exciting Investment Forum.