Five commercial banks operating in the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (ECCU) were recognized for their exceptional banking services at the 2023 ECCU Bank of the Year Awards Ceremony held on 8 November at the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank’s (ECCB’s) headquarters, Basseterre, Saint Christopher (St Kitts) and Nevis.
Each year the ECCB recognizes the commercial banks operating within the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union (ECCU) for their demonstration of social responsibility in their communities. Eight commercial banks submitted entries with the goal to be considered for the 2023 ECCU Bank of the Year award.
The recipients of the awards were:
• Corporate Social Responsibility – Republic Bank (EC) Limited;
• Customer Service – National Bank of Dominica Ltd;
• Financial Education and Empowerment – National Commercial Bank of Anguilla Ltd;
• Support to Micro Small and Medium Enterprises – Republic Bank (Grenada) Ltd; and
• Technological Innovation – Bank of Saint Lucia