In a landmark move to bolster the sustainable energy landscape in the Eastern Caribbean, the Organization of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) Commission and the Caribbean Electric Utility Services Corporation (CARILEC) entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on November 8, 2023.
This agreement establishes a framework for collaboration on a range of initiatives aimed at transforming the energy sector for the economic and social advancement of the region.
Under the guidance of this MOU, the OECS Commission and CARILEC will harness their collective expertise to:
• Identify and implement sustainable energy solutions and technological advancements.
• Enhance capacity building and provide technical assistance.
• Encourage proactive policy formulation and energy regulation.
• Collaborate with potential partners to secure investments.
• Facilitate data collection and economic analysis for informed decision-making.
• Promote project development, including public-private partnerships.
• Foster the emergence of innovative business models aligned with evolving energy demands.
• Explore pooled procurement opportunities for the OECS electricity sector.